Meet With a Career Educator
The transition from being a student into the ‘real world’ can be disorienting — but we can help you with that! Come see us, even if you aren’t exactly sure of what you want to talk about.
What Happens in a Career Appointment?
In an appointment you can:
- Discuss career options of interest and strategies to find employers who offer jobs/internships in those fields.
- Identify your interests and strengths and how they align with majors and careers.
- Understand and utilize successful job/internship search strategies.
- Find resources to research graduate and professional school programs.
- Review your resume and cover letter, work on interviewing and other job search skills.
- Develop a personal plan of action for the job/internship search or graduate school application process.
Get the Most From a Career Appointment
- Be on time or call 510-642-1716, press 2 and then 5 to quickly route your call if you’re running late. If you’re more than 10 minutes late you will be marked as a ‘no show’ per our appointment policy, and will have to reschedule.
- Bring a resume or upload a copy of your resume into Handshake if you have one. See our Resume page for information on how to get started.
- Think about what you want to get from the session and even jot down a few notes if that will help
Take Action: Schedule an Appointment
Berkeley Career Education offers a variety of appointment options for you to choose from.