The AMCAS website has a very general timeline that covers an applicant’s four-year stay at a college or university: AMCAS Timeline (PDF)
- If you are interested in having your letters of recommendation stored, we recommend you register for an Interfolio Dossier.
- Continue with your volunteer, work, or research activities.
- Prepare for the MCAT
- We do not make recommendations as to prep courses.
- MCAT registration is done approximately 6-12 months in advance. Make sure to keep abreast of registration dates.
- MCAT is offered every month, except: February, October, November and December
- Attend various medical school admissions and application workshops, pre-med. conferences, graduate school fairs, etc.
- Purchase and consult the MSAR (Medical School Admission Requirement) to confirm school-specific requirements. To view the MSAR online you need to purchase access to it from AAMC. See the AAMC website for details.
- Continue to save money for the application process.