If you are a Cal Alumni, there are Alumni Services available to support your career readiness.
You can learn about Alumni Eligibility for services as well as Publicly Available Resources.
If you are a recruiter or alum who is interested in connecting with Cal students and recent Cal alumni, we offer a variety of ways you can engage with our students.
Ways to Connect With Students
- Volunteer Opportunities
The Career Center at UC Berkeley invites you to participate in Volunteer Opportunities. These events expose students to different career paths while helping them to prepare for summer internships and career employment.
- Hire Students | Cal Alumni Hire @Cal
To post jobs and connect with students, register your organization for a free Handshake account and be sure to check out our other Employer Resources.
- Connect with Our Student Organization Partner Program
From over 1,200 student organizations on campus, the Career Center and LEAD Center select 30-50 organizations as partners and collaborators as part of the Student Organization Partner Program (SOPP). These organizations are interested in connecting with employers and promoting professional development among their members.
- Make Professional Connections | Berkeley Career NetworkThe Berkeley Career Network helps facilitate professional connections for Cal alumni and students. The network recommends new connections for you based on shared industries, majors, and professional interests. It’s easy for students and alumni to tap into the Cal community by sending messages and requesting online or in-person meetings based on their professional goals.
- Cal Externship Program | Job ShadowingThrough the Cal Externship Program, students are paired with Cal alumni worldwide for a high-impact experience to shadow professionals at their workplace. Host a student for at least one day over a two week period through this low-commitment volunteer opportunity.
- Access Local and Worldwide Events | Cal Alumni AssociationThe Cal Alumni Association (CAA) provides all Cal graduates with rewarding connections to the university, to fellow alumni, and to current students. Founded by the original graduates of the University of California in 1872, the Cal Alumni Association today represents nearly half a million alumni living throughout the world
Please contact the Career Center.