CASPA or Individual School Application Systems
- Each PA school has specific application/deadline submission dates which are noted on individual websites.
- CASPA is the centralized application service that many PA schools use, however not all PA programs participate in CASPA.
- It is important for you to know the deadline dates for the schools/programs that you plan to apply to as well as any requirements needed.
- All PA programs have minimum healthcare experience (PCE) requirements as part of their application process, so gaining PCE is key to one’s acceptance at a competitive program.
- Additionally knowledge of a foreign language and multicultural competence is expected for many PA schools.
Most PA schools require applicants to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
Letters of Recommendation
- Letters of recommendation are critical.
- Letter requirements vary from school to school but generally, two to three letters of recommendation are required.
- Students can find specific LOR requirements on the PAEA’s Online Physician Assistant Programs Directory.
- Remember, it is YOUR responsibility to make sure you are submitting the correct letters for each school you apply.
- Electronic letters are strongly preferred by individual PA programs as well as CASPA. Follow the instructions on individual application websites regarding what you need to do as well as how your writers can upload your letters.