The Students with Disabilities community at Berkeley encompasses students that possess visible and nonvisible disabilities. This population is persistent, resilient and capable of performing well academically and professionally by maximizing their differing abilities. The Career Center recognizes the skills and talents this population contributes to the workplace and learning environment. We look forward to working with you in achieving your career goals.
Campus Community Resources
- Disabled Students’ Program (DSP)
- DSP/TRIO Online Disability Resources
- View Students with Disabilities focused student organizations
Career Planning Resources for Students
Resources for Employers
- The Disability:IN is a national nonprofit that helps businesses drive performances by leveraging disability inclusion in the workplace.
- The Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP) is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal sector employers nationwide with highly motivated college students and recent graduates with disabilities who are eager to prove their abilities in the workplace through summer or permanent jobs.
- The Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN) is a free resource that helps employers tap the benefits of disability diversity. They educate public and private-sector organizations on ways to build inclusive workplace cultures, and they empower them to become leaders in the employment and advancement of people with disabilities.
Career Center Services for Students & Alumni with Disabilities
- Student appointments:
- Cal students registered with the Disabled Student Program can schedule hour-long one-on-one appointments with an experienced Career Counselor to support their career exploration, preparation, and job seeking as an employee with a disability.
- CareerMail for Disabled Students: This e-newsletter includes pertinent information about upcoming career workshops, jobs, internships, disability related seminars, employer events, etc., specifically for Cal DSP students. Make sure to indicate your career interest categories in your Handshake profile.)
- Alumni services
- All DSP alumni interested in specialized career counseling must contact firstname.lastname@example.org.