Whether you know your career goal or not, building your knowledge and skills both in and out of the classroom will make you a strong job candidate. In addition, it is important to know how to communicate your qualifications to employers. Here are some resources to help you do so.
Experiences to Enhance Marketability
- Find opportunities to develop experiences and skills. These can include jobs, internships, experiential learning, and other opportunities.
- Fellowships and Research
- Campus Opportunities
Berkeley Career Engagement Programs and Resources
- Meet with a Career Counselor to enhance your marketability in various ways. They can help you identify your existing skills, discuss the skills you would like to develop, learn effective ways to search and apply for jobs, internships, fellowships, and graduate and professional school.
- Our career readiness web page lists the competencies that employers are looking for; see what you have and what you need.
- Events Calendar can be way to find opportunities, connect with alumni and employers who can provide information and resources, and develop job search skills
- Externships are short-term job shadow opportunities to explore a career field and build connections to support your career readiness
- Our Career Readiness Workbook leads you through planning, preparing for and executing your job search.