Experiential Learning – Learn by Doing!
Campus Internships and Service Learning
UC Berkeley’s commitment to experiential learning is demonstrated in the many internship and service learning opportunities available through campus. Explore each to discover new opportunities that can not only enrich your time at Cal, augment your resume, and aid you in career readiness, but also be an enjoyable experience that generates great memories!
- Cal in the Capital – Summer internships in Washington DC
- Gender Equity Resource Center Internships – GenEq is a fast-paced and dynamic work environment that promotes brave spaces for dialogue and mutual understanding. Interns must be registered students at UC Berkeley and should possess those personal qualities that will aid in effectively and affably relating to those who seek assistance.
- Global Poverty & Practice Minor, Blum Center for Developing Economies – Academic minor that trains students in the study and analysis of global poverty, and requires completion of a meaningful service-learning, internship, or research experience focused on poverty and its alleviation.
- Haas Institute for a Fair and Inclusive Society Summer Fellowship – The Haas Institute’s Summer Fellowship is a 14-week part-time (20 hrs/week) paid summer internship.
- Public Service Center – Provides leadership and service learning opportunities for students through a variety of programs and internships such as East Bay Community Builders, Cal in Local Government, and Peter E. Haas Public Service Leaders Program.
- SPUR, Sponsored Projects for Undergraduate Research – Rausser College of Natural Resources undergraduates have the opportunity to work with Rausser College faculty on research projects.
- Stiles Hall – A local nonprofit agency closely connected to campus that offers volunteer opportunities in youth mentoring, tutoring, sports, and elder companionship.
- Student-to-Student Peer Counseling – Develop communication and counseling skills by serving as a Peer Counselor.
- Tang Center, University Health Service – Internships, volunteer opportunities, and for-credit options that offer registered Cal students the opportunity to become familiar with various healthcare careers through placements in clinics, lab, radiology, pharmacy, administration and other UHS departments. For-credit options include the Health Worker Program and the Sexual Health Education Program (SHEP).
- UC Berkeley Global Internships – Project-based academic internships in a variety of industries in both domestic and international locations.
- UC Berkeley Washington Program (UCDC) – Experience our nation’s capital during a semester in Washington DC. Program includes full-time coursework, an internship in a field of interest, and professional conferences and seminars.
- UC Center Sacramento Program (UCCS) – Operated by UC Davis, UCCS offers distinctive academic programs in public policy and public-affairs journalism to students from throughout the university’s 10-campus system. UCCS is a teaching, research and public-service site located one block from the State Capitol and provides students with an opportunity to study through seminars and internships in Sacramento.
- Undergraduate Research Apprenticeship Program (URAP) – Opportunities to develop professional skills while working with faculty on cutting-edge research projects.