Internships & Externships
An internship is a wonderful and effective way to connect your academic experience with the professional work arena. It allows you to gain valuable exposure to the workplace, provides the opportunity for skill development, and gives you a competitive edge in the job search.
- Internship Listing Sites
- Campus Opportunities - Campus-affiliated internships and experiential opportunities
- Still More Campus Opportunities - View article on Handshake
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Academic Credit for Internships
- Graduate Students & Internships
- International Students
Develop Your Own Internship
When an "off the rack" internship just does not fit. This booklet offers the strategies and activities needed to research and develop your own internship position. It takes time and work but an internship that is specifically tailored to your own academic and career goals can be better than one that is "close enough."
Different from an internship, an externship allows you to get an insider's view of a career by shadowing Cal alumni in their workplaces during Winter Break! Learn more about the Career Center's Externship Program.