Whether you are a job seeker or an employer interested in connecting with students the Career Center has a variety of services available to you.
If you have questions, please contact us.
Career & Professional Services
Soon after graduation, your free access to Career Center services expires. As a recent grad, you can maintain access to most of the services and resources available to you as a student through our Alumni Advantage package.
All UC alumni are eligible, but most of our career services are designed for students and recent grads. If you've graduated within the past five years and are interested in:
- Finding a job
- Applying to graduate, medical, or professional school
- Exploring your options for the future
Alumni Advantage offers the services and resources that can help you achieve your goals.
Find out more about Alumni Advantage.
Included in the Alumni Advantage package, Handshake allows you to search for job opportunities, schedule career counseling appointments, and review the events calendar.
The Letter Service is an official repository for letters of recommendation supporting admission to graduate and professional schools or application for academic employment. Note: This service is included in Alumni Advantage.
Engage with Cal Students
The UC Berkeley Career Center and Cal Alumni Association have teamed up to help students make connections and gain clarity in their career pursuits.
For each of these casual networking events, we are seeking a diverse group of alumni to showcase a variety of careers. The events require no prep – simply chat with interested students, share your path from Cal to career, and offer advice to those who hope to follow in your footsteps.
- Consulting ----------- Tue, Aug 28, 2018 | 6-8pm
- Non-Tech Roles in Tech -------- Tue, Sep 04, 2018 | 6-8pm
- Women in the Financial World ----------- Thu, Sep 20, 2018 | 6-8pm
- Government & Law ----------- Tue, Sep 25, 2018 | 6-8pm
- Marketing & Media ----------- Wed, Oct 03, 2018 | 6-8pm
- Data Science ----------- Tue, Oct 09, 2018 | 6-8pm
- BioTech Connect ----------- Tue, Nov 6, 2018 | 6-8pm
- Environment & Sustainability ----------- Wed, Nov 07, 2018 | 6-8pm
- Tech for Good ----------- Tue, Jan 29, 2019 | 6-8pm
- Design & Technology ----------- Tue, Feb 05, 2019 | 6-8pm
- Business Roles in Health ----------- Wed, Feb 13, 2019 | 6-8pm
- Education & Non-Profit ----------- Thu, Feb 21, 2019 | 6-8pm
- Human Resources ----------- Thu, Feb 28, 2019 | 6-8pm
- Sports Industry ----------- Thu, Mar 07, 2019 | 6-8pm
- Entertainment ----------- Week of March 25, 2019 - date TBD in Los Angeles
- PhDs ----------- April/May 2019, date TBD
All events are located at the UC Berkeley Career or Alumni House from 6-8pm unless otherwise noted. A brief networking reception for alumni volunteers will be held at 5:30pm
Are you a local or SoCal company seeking a creative and engaging way to build your campus brand? You may be able to host a group of Cal students at your employment office for an event at your company. Activities include: a tour, networking with Cal alumni employees, and an interactive presentation that highlights your industry and career options.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore the possibilities.
- Activision Blizzard
- GE Digital
- NBC Universal
- Pearson Education
- Riot Games
During winter break, select students are paired with Cal alumni worldwide for a high-impact experience to shadow professionals at their workplace. Mentor a student for one day or up to two weeks through this low-commitment volunteer opportunity.
2019 Cal Externship Program Dates
- Tue, Aug 07, 2018: Sponsor sign-up opens
- Wed, Oct 03, 2018: Sponsor sign-up ends
- Mon, Jan 07, 2019: Job shadow day begins
- Fri, Jan 18, 2019: Job shadow day ends
From over 1,200 student organizations on campus, the Career Center and LEAD Center have selected 39 organizations as partners and collaborators for the 2018 - 2019 academic year. These organizations are interested in connecting with employers and promoting professional development among their members.
The Cal Alumni Association (CAA) provides all Cal graduates with rewarding connections to the university, to fellow alumni, and to current students. Founded by the original graduates of the University of California in 1872, the Cal Alumni Association today represents nearly half a million alumni living throughout the world. With a mission of advancing and promoting the interests of the university, CAA is committed to providing essential programs and services designed to keep alumni of all ages and interests connected to the university and to each other.