Whether you are a job seeker or an employer interested in connecting with students the Career Center has a variety of services available to you.
If you have questions, please contact us.
Career & Professional Services
Soon after graduation, your free access to Career Center services expires. As an alum, you can maintain access to *most of the services and resources available to you as a student through our Alumni Advantage package. *Counseling is limited to alum who sign up within 1 year of graduation.
Find out more about Alumni Advantage.
The Letter Service is an official repository for letters of recommendation supporting admission to graduate and professional schools or application for academic employment. Note: This service is included in Alumni Advantage.
Engage with Cal Students
The UC Berkeley Career Center and Cal Alumni Association have teamed up to help students make connections and gain clarity in their career pursuits.
For each of these casual networking events, we are seeking a diverse group of alumni to showcase a variety of careers. The events require no prep – simply chat with interested students, share your path from Cal to career, and offer advice to those who hope to follow in your footsteps.
- Consulting ----------- Tue, Aug 28, 2018 | 6-8pm
- Non-Tech Roles in Tech -------- Tue, Sep 04, 2018 | 6-8pm
- Women in the Financial World ----------- Thu, Sep 20, 2018 | 6-8pm
- Government & Law ----------- Tue, Sep 25, 2018 | 6-8pm
- Marketing & Media ----------- Wed, Oct 03, 2018 | 6-8pm
- Data Science ----------- Tue, Oct 09, 2018 | 6-8pm
- Environment & Sustainability ----------- Wed, Nov 07, 2018 | 6-8pm
- BioTech Connect ----------- Tue, Nov 13, 2018 | 6:30-8pm @ 106 Stanley Hall
- Tech for Good ----------- Tue, Jan 29, 2019 | 6-8pm
- Design & Technology ----------- Tue, Feb 05, 2019 | 6-8pm
- Business Roles in Health ----------- Wed, Feb 13, 2019 | 6-8pm
- Education & Non-Profit ----------- Thu, Feb 21, 2019 | 6-8pm
- Human Resources ----------- Thu, Feb 28, 2019 | 6-8pm
- Sports Industry ----------- Thu, Mar 07, 2019 | 6-8pm
- Entertainment ----------- Week of March 25, 2019 - date TBD in Los Angeles
- PhDs ----------- April/May 2019, date TBD
All events are located at the UC Berkeley Career or Alumni House from 6-8pm unless otherwise noted. A brief networking reception for alumni volunteers will be held at 5:30pm
Are you a local or SoCal organization seeking a creative and engaging way to build your campus brand? You may be able to host a group of Cal students at your employment office for an event at your company. Activities include: a tour, networking with Cal alumni employees, and an interactive presentation that highlights your industry and career options.
Contact us at email@example.com to explore the possibilities.
- Activision Blizzard
- Disney Imagineering
- GE Digital
- NBC Universal
- Pearson Education
- Pereira & O'Dell
- Riot Games
Each year during winter break, over 350 students are paired with Cal alumni worldwide for a high-impact experience to shadow professionals at their workplace. Mentor a student for at least one day over a two week period through this low-commitment volunteer opportunity.
2019 Cal Externship Program Dates
- Tue, Aug 07, 2018: Sponsor sign-up opens
- Wed, Oct 03, 2018: Sponsor sign-up ends
- Mon, Jan 07, 2019: Job shadow period begins
- Fri, Jan 18, 2019: Job shadow period ends
From over 1,200 student organizations on campus, the Career Center and LEAD Center have selected 39 organizations as partners and collaborators for the 2018 - 2019 academic year. These organizations are interested in connecting with employers and promoting professional development among their members.
The Cal Alumni Association (CAA) provides all Cal graduates with rewarding connections to the university, to fellow alumni, and to current students. Founded by the original graduates of the University of California in 1872, the Cal Alumni Association today represents nearly half a million alumni living throughout the world. With a mission of advancing and promoting the interests of the university, CAA is committed to providing essential programs and services designed to keep alumni of all ages and interests connected to the university and to each other.
The Berkeley Career Network makes professional connections for Cal alumni and students. The network recommends new connections for you based on shared industries, majors, and professional interests. It’s easy for students and alumni to tap into the Cal community by sending messages and requesting online or in-person meetings based on their professional goals.