Resume and Letter Writing
Producing a good resume and a well written cover letter is a basic requirement for a successful job search. These documents play a critical role in helping employers understand who you are, what motivates you, and what you have to offer as a potential employee. The Career Center is here to assist you with this important task by providing the following resources:
- Consult the Resume and Letter Writing section (PDF) of our Career Readiness Workbook.
Check out our video workshop, Writing a Winning Resume
- Review Frequently Asked Questions about Resumes
- View 25 sample resumes for a variety of objectives, majors & years!
- For cover letter help, watch Crafting a Compelling Cover Letter
- View sample cover letters in a variety of formats.
- You'll need references too! View our sample References sheet.
Our Peer Advisors are especially good at assisting students with resumes and providing effective feedback; you can meet with them during our daily drop-in sessions. You can also schedule an appointment with a Career Counselor. *NOTE: Please be sure to bring a printed copy of your resume with you to your appointment.