Career Clarity: Career Exploration
Career Exploration is simply learning about various occupations and their "fit" with your unique career preferences, e.g. the skills, interests and values you want satisfied by your career. Ideally, you engage in career exploration during or after identifying your career preferences through self-assessment.
Career Exploration Resources
- Career Fields section provides resources for exploring and developing careers.
- Candid Career offers 100's of video-taped informational interviews with professionals from all career areas.
- Chet provides short, digestable, real-world insights via curated microcourses from the experts in their crafts.
- Connecting Majors to Careers addresses the link between majors and career options.
- O*NET Online and Occupational Outlook Handbook - From the U.S. Dept. of Labor, providing comprehensive information about careers and the labor market.
- Vault provides a plethora of career information, including downloadable e-guides for a multitude of careers and industries.
Career Center Programs
- Events and Workshops help you to learn about various careers and industries.
- Externship Program lasts one to ten days and take place at an employer's work site.