Career Clarity: Career Exploration
Career Exploration is simply learning about various occupations and their "fit" with your unique career preferences, e.g. the skills, interests and values you want satisfied by your career. Ideally, you engage in career exploration during or after identifying your career preferences through self-assessment.
Career Exploration Resources
- Career Fields section provides resources for exploring and developing careers.
- O*NET Online and Occupational Outlook Handbook - From the U.S. Dept. of Labor, providing comprehensive information about careers and the labor market.
- Vault Guides - Insider information, video profiles, and downloadable e-books covering major careers and industries, in Handshake.
- Career Videos from CareerOnestop - Educational videos of professionals working in various careers along with salary, trainiing and outlook information.
- Career Destinations Survey - See where Cal alums from your major are now employed.
- Networking & Informational Interviewing - Learn how to connect with others who can help you explore careers and search for jobs.
Career Center Programs
- Events and Workshops help you to learn about various careers and industries.
- Externship Program lasts one to ten days and take place at an employer's work site.