Externship Program for Sponsors
Special Invitation to Cal Alumni and Cal Parents
We invite you to participate in the Career Center's Externship Program where Cal freshmen and sophomores explore their career direction by shadowing you at your workplace.
By participating, you can
- Assist a Cal student (primarily freshmen and sophomores) with their career development
- Share your expertise and knowledge about work and careers
- Form connections with the current Cal Community
- Build relationships with Berkeley students who may someday be employees or colleagues
- Increase brand recognition and a possible pipeline for future opportunities at your organization
Some details about externships
- Take place during Winter Break January 6-17, 2020
- Can last from one day to two weeks
- Students observe the day-to-day activities of the host sponsors
- Sponsors discuss their career fields with the externs
- Students may provide very limited assistance with projects or tasks to help acquaint them with the organization
- Students are responsible for their own housing and travel arrangements
- Students do not receive academic credit or pay
What Does an Externship Look Like?
Externships By the Numbers
Over 4,250 ...students who have externed
Cal student Stephanie C. said her externship was "an inspiration for who you can become" after graduating from Berkeley.