Whether you are a job seeker or an employer interested in connecting with students the Career Center has a variety of services available to you.
If you have questions, please contact us.
Career & Professional Services
Starting with the May `19 cohort, new alumni no longer lose free access to Career Center services soon after graduation.
For more information about access and eligibility, please review our Services for Alumni page.
The Letter Service is an official repository for letters of recommendation supporting admission to graduate and professional schools or application for academic employment.
Note: Over the next ten months, the Career Center will be phasing out its Letter of Recommendation Dossier Service. If you do not yet have a Letter Service account we strongly recommend that you utilize one of the established outside vendors such as Interfolio and the Chronicle of Higher Education’s Vitae service (for faculty position applicants).
Engage with Cal Students
The UC Berkeley Career Center and Cal Alumni Association have teamed up to help students make connections and gain clarity in their career pursuits.
For each of these casual networking events, we are seeking a diverse group of alumni to showcase a variety of careers. The events require no prep – simply chat with interested students, share your path from Cal to career, and offer advice to those who hope to follow in your footsteps.
- Consulting ----------- Tue, Aug 28, 2019 | 6-8pm
- Non-Tech Roles in Tech -------- Tue, Sep 24, 2019 | 5-7pm
- Human Resources / Talent Acquisition ----------- Thu, Oct 03, 2019 | 5-7pm
- Government & Law ----------- Thu, Oct 10, 2019 | 5-7pm
- PhDs ----------- Wed, Oct 16, 2019 | 6-8pm
- Data Science ----------- Tue, Oct 24, 2019 | 5-7pm
- Environment & Sustainability ----------- Wed, Nov 06, 2019 | 6-8pm
- BioTech Connect ----------- Wed, Nov 13, 2019 | 6:30-8pm
- Tech for Good ----------- Tue, Jan 28, 2020 | 5-7pm
- UI/UX & Graphic Design ----------- Wed, Feb 05, 2020 | 5-7pm
- Marketing & Media ----------- Tue, Feb 11, 2020 | 6-8pm
- Product Management ----------- Thu, Feb 20, 2020 | 6-8pm
- Education & Non-Profit ----------- Thu, Feb 27, 2020 | 5-7pm
- Health Professions ----------- Thu, Mar 05, 2020 | 6-8pm
- Sports Industry ----------- Wed, Mar 11, 2020 | 6-8pm
- Esports & Gaming Industries ----------- Thu, Mar 19, 2020 | 6-8pm
All events are located at the UC Berkeley campus. A brief networking reception for alumni volunteers will be held a half hour prior to the event.
Are you a local organization seeking a creative and engaging way to build your campus brand? You may be able to host a group of Cal students at your employment office for an event at your company. Activities include: a tour, networking with Cal alumni employees, and an interactive presentation that highlights your industry and career options. This year we are exclusively partnering with New Student Services to offer company visits in August for transfer students during Golden Bear Orientation.
Fill out the Company Visits form to host new transfer students at your organization on Friday, August 23, 2019.
Each year during winter break, over 350 students are paired with Cal alumni worldwide for a high-impact experience to shadow professionals at their workplace. Mentor a student for at least one day over a two week period through this low-commitment volunteer opportunity.
2019 Cal Externship Program Dates
- Tue, Aug 07, 2018: Sponsor sign-up opens
- Wed, Oct 12, 2018: Sponsor sign-up ends
- Mon, Jan 07, 2019: Job shadow period begins
- Fri, Jan 18, 2019: Job shadow period ends
From over 1,200 student organizations on campus, the Career Center and LEAD Center have selected 34 organizations as partners and collaborators for the 2019 - 2020 academic year. These organizations are interested in connecting with employers and promoting professional development among their members.
The Cal Alumni Association (CAA) provides all Cal graduates with rewarding connections to the university, to fellow alumni, and to current students. Founded by the original graduates of the University of California in 1872, the Cal Alumni Association today represents nearly half a million alumni living throughout the world. With a mission of advancing and promoting the interests of the university, CAA is committed to providing essential programs and services designed to keep alumni of all ages and interests connected to the university and to each other.
The Berkeley Career Network makes professional connections for Cal alumni and students. The network recommends new connections for you based on shared industries, majors, and professional interests. It’s easy for students and alumni to tap into the Cal community by sending messages and requesting online or in-person meetings based on their professional goals.