Career Center Services - Spring Semester 2020
The Career Center will be operating virtually for the foreseeable future. Student services, including counseling appointments, will be available electronically between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm (email, video and teleconference).
The Career Center will close until further notice starting Monday, March 16th.
- Events and Info Sessions - All remaining spring semester workshops, programs, career fairs, info sessions, and other employer events have been cancelled.
- Workshops - Career Center staff have created an extensive series of useful How-to Workshops on Youtube that cover a wide range of topics from resumes to applying to graduate/professional/medical school to interview prep that are available 24/7/12.
- Appointments - While the Center Center remains closed, counselors will continue to offer 1:1 counseling appointments remotely either by phone or video (satellite drop-ins have been cancelled). To schedule a phone or video appointment, login to Handshake and select the appropriate appointment medium. If have a already scheduled in-person appointment, it will be converted to phone/video.
- Interviews - On-campus, employer interviews for the remainder of the spring semester have been cancelled. Some employers are converting to virtual interviews. If your interview is converted to virtual or canceled, the Career Center or the employer will reach out to you via email.
I have already scheduled a career counseling appointment. Will I still be able to meet with a Career Counselor for assistance? Can I do my appointment remotely?
If you have an already scheduled, in-person appointment for after March 16th, your coounselor will contact you about converting it to a phone or video appointment.
- Phone appointments - Your counselor will call you at the number you entered when making the appointment (or you can include a preferred number to the comment box).
- Video appointments - If she/he is able to accommodate your request, your counselor will respond with a Google hangouts invitation. If they are unable to do so, your appointment will convert to a phone appointment.
If you are scheduling a new appointment, you should see the option to select either “phone appointment” and/or “video appointment” listed in the options under Appointment Medium.
Will there still be a Spring Career & Internship Fair on April 15th and will some of the employers or recruiters from this week’s canceled fairs be attending?
Unfortunately, in the interest of safety for all concerned, the Sprinig Career & Internship Fair has been cancelled.
Unfortunately, all of our remaining Career Connections events for the spring have been cancelled.
However, many of the alumni who volunteer for our Career Connections and other events are also available through the Berkeley Career Network. This online tool helps you make professional connections with Cal alumni. You can conduct searches based on your goals and, in addition, the tool will recommend new connections for you based on shared industries, majors, and professional interests.