Job & Internship Opportunities -- Biological & Physical Sciences
Amgen Scholars Program: An undergraduate summer research program in Science and Biotechnology. Full Time and Internship Opportunities
National Science Foundation: REU Program: Research Experience for Undergraduate internship opportunities in Biology (BIO), Engineering (ENG), Computer & Information Science (CISE)
- American Society for Microbiology- Jobs in the microbiology field.
- BioSpace.com Pharma and biotech national job listing site searchable by job category, geographical region, or company
- Chemical & Engineering News Classifieds Listings are from the two most recent issues of Chemical & Engineering News and Find A Job! that includes industrial and academic positions.
- Sciencejobs.org International science jobs database searchable by sector (industry, academic, government) and by discipline (e.g., bioinformatics, virology, environmental science, more).
Internship Listing Sites
- Internships-USA (CEI Internships) - Access over 2,000 organizations offering internships and summer jobs in 12 different fields (username=UCBerkeley, password=GoldenBears)
- LinkedIn internships - Sign in to see listings in a variety of fields via your LinkedIn account
- Vault Online Internship Database - Sign-in via Handshake.
- Chegg Science Internships in SF, NY, Chicago, Boston, Los Angeles, Washington DC
- National Institutes of Health: Summer Internship Program in Biomedial Research (SIP).
Develop Your Own Internship
If you have not yet secured an internship through an established program or listing, try consulting websites of organizations that interest you; you may just uncover an internship. If not, you can approach them to Develop Your Own Internship. To identify organizations to approach, use these resources:
- American Mathematical Society, Employment Information in Mathematical Sciences
- Goin Global, Prospective employers throughout the world including Information Technology, Consulting, Finance, Science