Job & Internship Opportunities -- Law & Public Policy
Goldman School of Public Policy's Government Links - Additional government, policy and politics career and job websites.
- Idealist - Thousands of searchable listings in nonprofit, non-governmental and government agencies.
- California Courts - Job postings within the judicial branch of California State government, including the Administrative Office of the Courts.
- LawJobs.com - Posts legal job openings for lawyers, paralegals, and legal support staff. It also includes salary information, career profiles and career advice.
- Public Affairs Council - International association for public affairs professionals, with tools, resources, and job postings.
Internship Listing Sites
- CEI Internships - Access over 2,000 organizations offering internships and summer jobs in 12 different fields (username=UCBerkeley, password=GoldenBears)
- Vault Online Internship Database - Sign-in via Handshake
- Bay Area Volunteer Information Center - Lists Bay Area nonprofit organizations needing volunteer support. Volunteering is a great way to get new experience and build skills.
- Cal in the Capital (UC Berkeley Public Service Center)
- JusticeCorps - JusticeCorps recruits and trains university students to serve in overburdened legal self-help centers through CA. The program also offers fellowships for recent grads.
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Koch Internship Programs
- UC Berkeley Washington Program (UCDC)
- UC Center Sacramento Program (UCCS)
- ASUC Renters Legal Assistance
- ASUC Legal Clinic
Develop Your Own Internship
If you have not yet secured an internship through an established program or listing, try consulting websites of organizations that interest you; you may just uncover an internship. If not, you can approach them to Develop Your Own Internship. To identify organizations to approach, use these resources: