Job & Internship Opportunities -- International
Idealist.org: A project of Action Without Borders, a global clearinghouse of nonprofit resources, including jobs, internships, mailing lists, and nonprofit resources by state and country.
GoAbroad.com; A major search engine and informational guide for international work, study, volunteer, and teach abroad programs and adventure travel options.
GoOverseas.com Search, read reviews and get other information about programs for teaching, volunteering, interning, and studying abroad. A wealth of information, covering over 125 countries.
- Devex - Essential resource for international development jobs, internships, volunteer opportunities, programs and news.
- CIEE's Teach Abroad Programs
Offers paid Teach Abroad programs in Chile, China, Dominican Republic, South Korea, Spain, Thailand and Vietnam for university graduates.
- Dave's ESL Cafe Contains teaching job listings worldwide and discussion forums by country.
- The International Educator (TIE) This newspaper, published four times annually, features hundreds of teaching jobs at American and international schools throughout the world. Special "job only" edition each June.
Tourism & Hospitality
- ResortJobs.com International resort jobs with ski resorts, camps, national parks, cruise ships, restaurants and hotels.
- Transitions Abroad Hospitality and tourism jobs and other international opportunities
Short-term & Gap Year
- BUNAC Opportunities offering eligible applicants aged 18 and over, a unique opportunity to spend extended time living, working and travelling overseas.
- GoOverseas.com Search, read reviews and get other information about programs for teaching, volunteering, interning, and studying abroad. A wealth of information, covering over 125 countries.
- WWOOF (Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms) Work and learn about organic farming and sustainable living in exchange for room and board.
Below is a sampling of internship programs; hundreds more which can be found using the internship directories listed in the first section.
- Cultural Vistas
- Fulbright Grant
- Peace Corps & Peace Corps @ Cal
- US AID Student Internships and Fellowships
- US Department of State Student Internship Program
Develop Your Own Internship
If you have not yet secured an internship through an established program or listing, try consulting websites of organizations that interest you; you may just uncover an internship. If not, you can approach them to Develop Your Own Internship.
Below is a sampling of organizations that are engaged in work relevant to this field.
- Amnesty International
- Atlantic Council
- East-West Center
- Human Rights Watch
- International Rescue Committee
- Population Council
- Rainforest Alliance
To identify other organizations to approach, use these resources:
- Careers In International Affairs, Published by Georgetown University - Available on campus.
These programs focus on preparing students for graduate programs and careers in public policy and international affairs.
- Fellowships - Information and lists of organizations offering annual fellowships.
- Freeman Awards for Study in Asia
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Harry S. Truman Scholarship
- UC Berkeley Public Policy and International Affairs (UCPPIA) Summer Institute