Job & Internship Opportunities -- Health & Medicine
- CareerVitals.com One of the largest healthcare only job boards on the web.
- Discover Health Admin On-line resource for locating local Health Administration Jobs & Careers.
- Idealist Thousands of searchable listings - do an Advanced Search with "Health and Medicine" Area of Focus and your location.
- PublicHealthJobNet The Association of Schools of Public Health national public health job listing service. Most positions require a graduate degree.
- Sutter Health Job Listings Job listing database for over 25 healthcare organizations in the Northern California area.UC San Francisco Positions include research, administrative/management, clinical & other health care positions.
Internship Listing Sites
- Internships-USA (CEI Internships) - Access over 2,000 organizations offering internships and summer jobs in 12 different fields (username=UCBerkeley, password=GoldenBears)
- LinkedIn internships - Sign in to see listings in a variety of fields via your LinkedIn account
- Vault Online Internship Database - Sign-in via Handshake
- Bay Area Volunteer Information Center - Lists Bay Area nonprofit organizations needing volunteer support. Volunteering is a great way to get new experience and build skills.
- Volunteer Center of San Francisco
- Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute
- Health and Medical Apprenticeship Program
- Health Career Connection
- National Institute of Health Research and Training Opportunities
- Summer Health Professions Education Program
- Summer Undergraduate Research Programs
- Undergraduate Research at Berkeley
- UCSF Summer Research Internship Program
- Volunteer Opportunities in Health & Medicine
Develop Your Own Internship
If you have not yet secured an internship through an established program or listing, try consulting websites of organizations that interest you; you may just uncover an internship. If not, you can approach them to Develop Your Own Internship. Below is a sampling of organizations that are engaged in work relevant to this field.
- Alameda County Medical Center
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center
- California Pacific Medical Center
- UC Berkeley School of Public Health Research Centers and Programs
To identify organizations to approach, use these resources: