Job & Internship Opportunities -- Education
Teaching and Other K-12 Opportunities
- EdJoin - Job listing site for California school districts. Full range of education positions, including both classified and certified, administrator, counselor, librarian roles.
- Teacher.org - Searching teaching opportunities nationwide
- Education Week TopSchoolJobs - Find opportunities in teaching, administration, policy, support staff nationwide and abroad.
- HigherEdJobs - Find jobs in colleges and universities nationwide and abroad.
- HigherEd360 - Meta-collection on internet resources that includes to faculty, staff, and administrative positions in higher education.
- UC Employment Opportunities - Employment opportunities available throughout the UC System.
- California Community College Registry - A large scale database containing open positions at California community colleges.
Internship Listing Sites
- Internships-USA (CEI Internships) - Access over 2,000 organizations offering internships and summer jobs in 12 different fields (username=UCBerkeley, password=GoldenBears)
- LinkedIn internships - Sign in to see listings in a variety of fields via your LinkedIn account
- Vault Online Internship Database - Sign-in via Handshake
- Bay Area Volunteer Information Center - Lists Bay Area nonprofit organizations needing volunteer support. Volunteering is a great way to get new experience and build skills.
- UC Berkeley Public Service Center - The Public Service Center has a number of programs like Bridging Berkeley and BUILD that can help you gain relevant experience in Education.
- Breakthrough Collaborative - Breakthrough Collaborative offers a teaching residency for college undergraduates under the guidance of professional teachers to operate summer and school-year programming.
- CalTeach - CalTeach is for science, technology, engineering, and math majors interested in Education. Students this program have access to internship and externship opportunities.
- Urban Education Leaders Internship Program - The DC Public Schools 's Urban Education Leadership Internship Program is an opportunity to experience working in an urban school district. This opportunity is open to undergraduate, graduate students, and recent graduates.
- Teach for America Internships and College Programs - Teach for America provides programs and paid internships.
Develop Your Own Internship
If you have not yet secured an internship through an established program or listing, try consulting websites of organizations that interest you; you may just uncover an internship. If not, you can approach them to Develop Your Own Internship.
Below is a sample of organizations that are engaged in the work in this field:
- American Federation of Teachers
- The Education Trust
- National Education Association
- US Department of Education
Fellowships - Short-term opportunities of varying timeframes that help support professional development.
Fulbright English Teaching Assistant Program - Teach English abroad, supporting local English language teachers and serve as cultural ambassadors.
Destination College Advising Corps - Recent graduates are hired as full-time College Advisors to increase college access for first generation, low-income and underrepresented students.