Job & Internship Opportunities -- Communications
- Handshake: Filter by "job" or "internship", then in Industry filter, select "Communications."
General job search sites - Sites containing job postings for a variety of career fields.
- General internship sites - Sites containing internships postings for a variety of career fields
- American Marketing Association Marketer and academic jobs.
- American Advertising Federation Advertising industry jobs.
- American Copy Editors Society (ACES) Copy editing jobs and internships via a Yahoo!Groups listserv.
- Edelman Public Relations Worldwide
- Public Relations Society of America PR jobs.
- Bay Area Society of Television, Advertising and Radio Bay Area jobs and internships in advertising, media, radio, and television.
- Bookjobs.com Jobs within the book publishing industry.
- J-Jobs Database/Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism Jobs sent to Berkeley's Graduate School of Journalism, and links to related sites.
- JournalismJobs.com TV, radio and newspaper jobs and internships.
- mediabistro.com Jobs in magazine and book publishing, television, radio, newspapers, online media, social media, advertising, PR, marketing, corporate/technical writing, and design/art/photography.
Internship Listing Sites
- Internships - Find the right internship for you
- Internships-USA (CEI Internships) - Access over 2,000 organizations offering internships and summer jobs in 12 different fields (username=UCBerkeley, password=GoldenBears)
- LinkedIn internships - Sign in to see listings in a variety of fields via your LinkedIn account
- Vault Online Internship Database - Sign-in via Handshake
Below is a sampling of internship programs; more can be found using the internship directories listed above.
Develop Your Own Internship
If you have not yet secured an internship through an established program or listing, try consulting websites of organizations that interest you; you may just uncover an internship. If not, you can approach them to Develop Your Own Internship. To identify organizations to approach, use these resources: