Job & Internship Opportunities -- Arts & Entertainment
theCreativeloft - Jobs and internships in fashion, photography, event planning, music, entertainment, graphic design.
Entertainmentcareers.net - Jobs and internships in film, tv, music and media searchable by location
ArtJobs - Job and internship opportunities across the US.
Playbill - Job and internships listing in the theater.
- California Arts Council's job board - Primarily CA-based positions
- Creative Hotlist - Jobs, news and portfolio posts for visual communications professionals.
- TVB - Jobs in tv broadcasting via this professional association for broadcast tv professionals.
- upwork - Major website for finding and bidding on freelance creative gigs
Internship Listing Sites
- Internships-USA (CEI Internships) - Access over 2,000 organizations offering internships and summer jobs in 12 different fields (username=UCBerkeley, password=GoldenBears)
- LinkedIn internships - Sign in to see listings in a variety of fields via your LinkedIn account
- Internships.com - Search by type and location
- Bay Area Volunteer Information Center - Lists Bay Area nonprofit organizations needing volunteer support. Volunteering is a great way to get new experience and build skills.
Internship/Volunteer Programs with Specific Organizations
- UC Theatre - Two in-depth programs for aspiring music and events industry professionals including paid internships.
- SF Cinemathique
- San Francisco International Film Festival
- Scary Cow Productions
- The Marsh
- Aurora Theater Company
- Theater Bay Area
- Yerba Buena Center for the Arts
- Root Division - Fellowships/ internships in arts education, exhibitions, studio art, and administration.
- Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco - Volunteer and internship opportunities at the DeYoung Museum and Legion of Honor.
- Oakland Museum of California
- Children's Creativity Museum
- CREATE (UC Berkeley Public Service Center)
Develop Your Own Internship
If you have not yet secured an internship through an established program or listing, try consulting websites of organizations that interest you; you may just uncover an internship. If not, you can approach them to Develop Your Own Internship. To identify organizations to approach, use these resources: