Student Organization Event Registration
Register to have your organization's career fair or career-related event posted in Handshake.
For student organizations who comply with the guidelines stated below, the Career Center will provide support by promoting such events to students on the Handshake calendar and/or in an upcoming CareerMail.
You must complete this form at least 5 working days in advance of your event if you would like to have it posted on the Handshake event calendar; 10 working days for CareerMail, as many of them are published bi-weekly.
Please adhere to the following guidelines for Career Center support of your event:
Registration Guidelines for Career Fairs
- Student organizations register their career fairs with the Career Center by completing the online registration form.
- Student organizations refrain from organizing any career fair before or during the weeks the Career Center conducts its major career fairs.
- The Career Center will honor any career fairs established by student organizations prior to 2001.
- Student groups strive to work together to consolidate career fairs that attract similar employers and avoid duplicating career fairs that are similar to the career fairs sponsored by the Career Center.
Registration Guidelines for Panels and Workshops
- Student organizations register their career-related events with the Career Center by completing the online registration form.
- The event will be advertised via Handshake and CareerMail, unless it is a duplication of an already scheduled Career Center event that takes place with one week before or after ours.
- The Career Center may be unable to promote events that are co-sponsored or presented by for-profit organizations, when doing so would give the impression of endorsing a particular product or service, or which provides a product or service already offered by the Career Center. These requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
If you have any questions about these guidelines or procedures, please contact Santina Pitcher by email.