Career Field - Social Impact
- Youtube: Alumni Career Chat: Join recent alumnus and empowering professional Arabi Hassan as she talks about her experience founding her nonprofit First Gen Empower, interning with the ACLU, and her first year attending Harvard Law School.>>>
- IdealistCareers - A leading industry resource for jobs in nonprofit organizations, including a downloadable guide for the entry-level job seeker.
- Vault - Complete and detailed information about careers in this area. Features include downloadable e-guides on careers and industries, "Day in the Life" career profiles, employee reviews of careers and companies, and more. Available through Handshake under "Career Center" - "Resources".
- Candid Career - Provides 1000's of informational video interviews with industry professionals covering a comprehensive array of careers.
- Common Myths About Working for Nonprofit Organizations - Courtesy of Idealist/Action Without Borders
- 211 - Directories of social service agencies across the US. Search by zip code, county, or city.
- GuideStar - A database of information on more than 650,000 nonprofit organizations, searchable by keyword.
- Idealist - A project of Action Without Borders; contains over 35,000 nonprofit and community organizations in 165 countries, which you can search or browse by name, location or mission.
- Campus Internships and Service Learning Opportunities - Integrates community service activities into the academic curriculum. Approximately 40 classes (varies each semester) are available in different departments.
- UC Berkeley Public Service Center - Provides volunteer placement center, Volunteer Experience for Credit/Service Learning and AmeriCorps.
Participating in these groups can be a valuable avenue for learning about an occupation or field. They are an excellent resource for networking, and their websites often have information about careers.
Cal Student Organizations: Student organizations related to this field include:
Other Student Organizations - List of UC Berkeley student organizations registered with the LEAD Center.
Professional Organizations: A few of the major professional organizations include:
- Foundation Center San Francisco
- Young Nonprofit Professionals Network (YNPN)
- Society for Nonprofit Organizations
To find other professional associations, go to:
- Directory of Associations - Search a database of over 35,000 professional associations.