The UC Berkeley Career Center offers many resources to help you engage and grow in your career development and aid in your career readiness success. From your first day on campus we work with you on three simple yet vital components that will help you reach professional success. Our Go-to Resources provide access to several of our favorite resources to help you seek career Clarity, gain Competitiveness, and make the right Connections, 24/7.
The resources below can help you navigate and develop clarity in your post-graduate plans.
- Candid Career - thousands of 1-3 mins video interviews with professionals across a wide range of careers, industries, majors, and companies.
- First Destination Survey - yearly survey results of graduating seniors, reporting on post-graduate career and graduate school plans.
- CEI-Internships - complete, up to date information on over 3,000 organizations offering internships and summer jobs for students.
- GoinGlobal - a comprehensive online global career resource that aims to facilitate a satisfying international and domestic employment experience.
- What Can I Do With A Major In...? - resource of typical employers and career fields that hire based on majors, including strategies to make you a more marketable candidate.
- Vault - provides in depth information on what it's like to work in a wide range of industries, companies and professions, and how to position yourself to launch and build the career you want.
These resources can help you help you build your knowledge and skills, both in and out of the classroom.
- Big Interview - an online system that combines training and practice to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence.
- Career Readiness Workbook - a comprehensive workbook to help you with self-assessment, understanding the career competencies essential for career sucess, and how to make meaning of your experiences, interests, and goals.
- Case Questions - a go-to resource for preparing for consulting interviews.
- YouTube - UC Berkeley Career Center channel - a comprehensive playlist of videos created by our team to help you prepare to be the strongest candidate you can be.
Connecting, or networking, with alumni and employers, is an essential step in transitioning from student to professional. The tools below are paramount to that journey.
- Berkeley Career Network - an exclusive database for our UC Berkeley alumni, current students and faculty, to connect and explore.
- LinkedIn - with over 600 million users across the globe (370,000+ UC Berkeley alumni), LinkedIn is the go-to resource for professional networking.
- UC Berkeley LinkedIn Alumni Pages - a major tool for finding and connecting with Cal alum for informational interviews and more.
- LinkedIn Groups - an often overlooked resource in LinkedIn...thousands of groups organized around professional interests. A perfect way to get noticed and build connections.
*If you experience disability accessibility challenges with any Career Center online resources, please contact: email@example.com.