See a Career Counselor
Career Center counselors are available for one-to-one appointments either in person or virtually. Eligible students and alumni within 1 year post-graduation can sign up through Handshake.
What Happens in a Career Counseling Appointment?
In an appointment you can:
- Discuss career options of interest and strategies to find employers who offer jobs/internships in those fields.
- Identify your interests and strengths and how they align with majors and careers.
- Understand and utilize successful job/internship search strategies.
- Find resources to research graduate and professional school programs.
- Review your resume and cover letter, work on interviewing and other job search skills.
- Develop a personal plan of action for the job/internship search or graduate school application process.
Get the Most From a Counseling Appointment
- Be on time or call
ext.6 if you're running late. If you're more than 10 minutes late you will be marked as a 'no show' per our policy, and will have to reschedule. (510) 642-1716
- Bring a resume if you have one.
- Think about what you want to get from the session.
Take Action: Schedule an Appointment
The Career Center offers a variety of appointment options.