See a Career Counselor
Career Center counselors are available for one-to-one appointments. There is no charge to currently enrolled students and eligible alumni.
What Happens in a Counseling Appointment?
In an appointment you can:
- Discuss career options of interest and strategies to find employers who offer jobs/internships in those fields.
- Identify your interests and strengths or interpret the results of career assessments.
- Understand and utilize successful job/internship search strategies.
- Find resources to research graduate and professional school programs.
- Review your resume and cover letter, work on interviewing and other job search skills.
- Develop a personal plan of action for the job/internship search or graduate school application process.
Get the Most From a Counseling Appointment
- Be on time or call (510) 642-1716 ext.6 if you're running late. If you're more than 10 minutes late you may have to reschedule.
- Bring a resume if you have one.
- Think about what you want to get from the session.
Take Action: Schedule an Appointment
The Career Center offers a variety of appointment options.