Planning Your Future - See a Counselor
Career Center counselors are available for one-to-one appointments. There is no charge to currently enrolled students and eligible alumni.
Whether you are feeling confused about how to get started with your internship or career search or know exactly which career or graduate program to pursue, feel free to make use of the counseling resources available to you at the Career Center.
What Happens in a Counseling Appointment?
Appointments are an opportunity to:
- Discuss career options of interest and strategies to find employers who offer jobs/internships in those fields.
- Identify your interests and strengths or interpret the results of career assessment instruments.
- Understand and utilize successful job/internship search strategies.
- Find resources to research graduate and professional school programs.
- Review your resume and cover letter, work on interviewing skills and other job search skills.
- Develop a personal plan of action for the job/internship search or graduate school application process.
Preparing for a Counseling Appointment
- Be on time or call (510) 642-1716 ext.6 if you're running late. If you're more than 10 minutes late you may have to reschedule.
- Bring a resume if you have one.
- Think about what you want to get from the session.
Take Action: Schedule an Appointment
The Career Center offers a variety of appointment options.