Cal Career Peer Advisors
Who are we and what do we do?
We’re ambassadors, advisors, and, most of all, we’re here to help you get oriented to all the services the Career Center has to offer! We are full-time undergraduate students trained by Career Counselors on many aspects of the job search and graduate/professional school application process. We offer one-of-a-kind advice because, as student leaders, we utilize the very services that we promote.
Starting Monday, August 30th, 2021 through Friday, December 3rd, we will be available to assist you during our drop-in hours: Monday - Friday from 12 - 4 pm. Drop ins for Spring 2022 will resume on Tuesday, January 18, 2021.
*** Please note: Drop in hours will not be available November 22-26, 2021. ***
Drop-in hours are held:
* In person: Mondays - Thursdays (We're located at 2440 Bancroft Way next to Rare Tea. Just check in at our reception desk on the 3rd floor!)
* Virtually: Fridays (click on the Live Reception button below)
Yes, we do virtual workshops!
Career Center Peer Advisors can be booked in Fall 2021 to present an array of VIRTUAL WORKSHOPS tailored to your student audience at times arranged for your convenience. We can present on a wide variety of career-related topics such as:
- Career Center services overview
- Resume and/or cover letter writing
- Interviewing skills
- Job search strategies
- How to use and maximize Handshake
- Professional networking
- And more...(please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a workshop not listed above or have any questions)