Medical School - Application
Actual Questions from Cal Students Interviewed for Medical School
- What do you hope to gain during your medical education?
- Describe a typical day from your elementary school days.
- What questions do you have for me about our school?
- What is your weakness that concerns you most?
- Name some strategies to address the problem of smoking among teens; talk about some that haven't been tried before.
- What would your best friend say about you in convincing me I should admit you to our medical school?
- If you could be any character in history, who would it be, and why?
- How did you decide to apply to our medical school?
- Why did you choose our specific program?
- How are you a match for our medical school?
- What do you do in your spare time?
- What other medical schools are you applying to?
- How do you view abortion?
- Would you perform abortions as a doctor? Under what conditions?
- What are three things you want to change about yourself?
- How would you describe the relationship between science and medicine?
- Think back on your undergraduate experience at Cal; what would you change about it?
- If you were in charge of UC Berkeley what would you change that would impact the undergraduate experience?
- Name something you are most proud of…
- Which family member has influenced your life so far and why?
- What do you think about the health care system and which way should it go?
- What do you think is wrong with the current health care system in the US?
- Name a meaningful experience you've had and how it shaped you to pursue work as a physician.
- Is there a good deal of drug use at your school? Possible follow up: Have you taken drugs?
- Which languages do you speak? Why?
- Which of your college courses interested you the most?
- If you couldn't ever be trained to be a physician, what would you be?
- In your present living situation, how do you settle disputes with your roomates?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- What interests you outside of medicine and getting into medical school?
Interviewing Home - Medical School Home - Site Map
This page last updated 7/25/2008 (jv)