Law School Fair Tips
One of the most important aspects of applying to law school is selecting the programs that are best suited to your interests and career goals. The Law School Fair provides you with an opportunity to gain in-depth information from school representatives that will help you evaluate programs.
- Come prepared. Before the fair, log into Handshake and review the Law School Fair directory to see which schools will be attending. Then, begin reviewing law school websites to get a sense of the law schools and their programs. This will help you identify some of the programs of interest to you and which schools to target at the fair.
- Rank the schools according to your preference. Visit the schools you are most interested in first so that you have plenty of time to gather as much information as you need.
- Prepare a list of questions to help you determine if there is a match between the law school program and your interests and goals. Questions may address costs, financial aid, program requirements, course offerings, facilities, location, student life, faculty, and program reputation.
- Give yourself plenty of time, arrive early, and take a few minutes to review the map of the fair.
- Be prepared to answer questions from the admissions representatives, such as, "Why do you want to attend law school?" and, "When?"
- Ask the representative for his/her card; this will provide you with a direct contact that can be used later on for asking follow up questions. Use this opportunity to not only network with the representatives, but also to collect materials for later review.