The Career Counselor for International Students supports Cal international students through career counseling, programming and resource development. The counselor assists in areas of career exploration, job/internship search and graduate school preparation.
Jing Han Career Counselor for International Students
30-Minute Career Appointments:
- Available online (Zoom) & in-person
- See the schedule and sign up for appointments in Handshake
- Select "International Student Counseling" as the Appointment Type
There are specialized programs designed to meet the unique concerns of international students on career, job and internship search process. International students are encouraged to attend these events as a supplement to the events related to their career field(s) of interest.
CareerMail for International Students is an e-newsletter that includes pertinent information about upcoming career workshops, jobs, internships, immigration related workshops, employer events, etc., specifically for Cal international students.
Here is how you can subscribe:
- Log into your Handshake, locate "Career Interests" under your name in the top right corner.
- In response to the question: "Select any categories below to receive targeted CareerMail communications (e-newsletters), on jobs, internships, events, etc., aimed specifically at Cal students", choose "International Students" as one category you would like to subscribe to.
- Click "Save My Career Interests" and you are done!
- Work Authorization and Visa Resources
- International Student Career Action Plan (This resource provides advice on career progress and actions for international students by year and key information and resources about work authorizations for F-1 and J-1 visa students at Cal)
- On-Campus Job Search
- English Language Resources
- Resources for International Students Applying to Medical School