The Career Counselor for International Students supports Cal international students through career counseling, programming and resource development. The counselor assists in areas of career exploration, job/internship search and graduate school preparation.
Virtual Advising Options
30-Minute Career Appointments
- In-depth conversation with the Career Counselor for International Students.
- Availalbe online (Zoom) only. Sign up in Handshake. Select "International Student Counseling" as the Appointment Type.
- The career counselor will email you the Zoom meeting information before the scheduled appointment time.
- We are providing early morning hour appointments for international students in other time zones: Tuesday & Thursday, 8:00 - 9:00 AM (Pacific Daylight Time).
15-Minute International Student Drop-ins
- Wednesday & Thursday, 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- First come, first served. After you join the meeting, you will be placed in the Zoom waiting room until it is your turn.
- Drop-ins can be good for QUICK questions on:
- Resume Review
- Job or Internship Search
- Networking (e.g., career fair strategy)
- Career Exploration
- Grad School Application
- Career Center services (e.g., Handshake)
Still not good for your time zone?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a time for the appointment or get your questions answered through emails.
Career Center Workshops and Programs
There are specialized programs designed to meet the unique concerns of international students on career, job and internship search process. International students are encouraged to attend these events as a supplement to the events related to their career field(s) of interest.
CareerMail for International Students
CareerMail for International Students is an e-newsletter that includes pertinent information about upcoming career workshops, jobs, internships, immigration related workshops, employer events, etc., specifically for Cal international students.
Here is how you can subscribe:
- Log into your Handshake, locate "Career Interests" under your name in the top right corner.
- In response to the question: "Select any categories below to receive targeted CareerMail communications (e-newsletters), on jobs, internships, events, etc., aimed specifically at Cal students", choose "International Students" as one category you would like to subscribe to.
- Click "Save My Career Interests" and you are done!
- International Student Resource List
- On-Campus Job Search
- Getting Involved in and around Berkeley
- Resources for International Students Applying to Medical School NEW!