Work Authorization and Visa Resources
There are multiple types of work authorizations available to F-1 and J-1 international students. Each type of work authorization has different rules, application processes, and timelines. Check the Berkeley International Office Employment Authorization page to learn more about each type of employment.
- Berkeley International Office
- BIO Employment Authorization page, including:
- BIO Student Services page: include BIO advisors' appointment, drop-in, and email services for students.
- U.S. Employer's Guide to Hiring UC Berkeley International Students (updated Fall 2021)
- F-1 and J-1 work authorization workshops and webinars
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Temporary Nonimmigrant Workers page: learn about the work visas for temporary workers, including H-1B (the most common work visa for international students)
- H-1B job visa information session with immigration attorney presentation deck and video recording (Fall 2021)
- H-1B Employment Visa Workshops
- Immigration Attorney List