International Students - On-Campus Job Search
- Career Center’s job listings in Handshake: within Job Type, click on "On Campus Student Employment".
- Campus departments ideas:
- Campus Internships & Service Learning Opportunities
- Brainstorm campus departments and offices of interest and reach out to them directly by calling or stopping by in person to inquire if they are hiring student employees
- Campus department or office e-newsletters or email listservs
- Emails from College, School or academic departments may include job or research opportunities
- Berkeley International Office (BIO) International Bulletin, a weekly e-newsletter, may include on-campus job or research opportunity announcements
- Bulletin boards in common areas on campus
- Sproul Plaza
- Hallways in classroom buildings and outside department offices
- Use your network! Talk to your friends, classmates, Department/College advisors, your Graduate Student Instructors (GSIs), and professors for any leads and advice.
International students are generally not eligible for on-campus work study positions as these positions are federally funded and are for students who receive financial aid from UC Berkeley with work-study as part of their financial aid package.
International students who have been in the US for any portion of a calendar year must file annual tax report (tax return) by the following year's tax filing deadline. Refer to the BIO website for more information and tax resources for international students.