NOTE: Pre-Health Advising appointments and services are currently unavailable and are expected to resume in early November 2018. In the interim, please refer to our comprehensive web resources and subscribe to Pre-Health CareerMail for updates.
Connect with Career Center Pre-Health Advising in a variety of ways:
- 30-Minute Advising Appointments
- Drop-in Advising
- New Student Advising (Summer 2018)
- Ask a Quick Question
- Join our Listserv (CareerMail)
- Workshops & Events
- Other Resources
30-Minute Advising Appointments
- Open to currently registered students (sophomores and above) and Alumni Advantage members.
- Receive in-depth assistance from Pre-Health Advisors regarding exploring, preparing for, and/or applying to medical school and other health professional programs.
- Available in person or by phone/video, 12 months out of the year.
- Sign up online only (via Handshake) -- If you do not see an appointment, check back! Additional appointments are released each week.
- Open to currently registered students only (freshmen and above).
- Ask a Pre-Health Advisor quick questions about prerequisites, timeline, experiences, or other topics related to your interest in medical school or other health professional programs.
- Available in person only, at two locations:
- Tuesdays in VLSB: 10am-12pm and 1-3pm, in 3060 Valley Life Sciences Building (IB/MCB Advising Office)
- Thursdays in Mulford: 1-4pm, in 260 Mulford Hall (CNR Student Affairs Office)
New Student Advising
- Incoming freshmen and transfer students are welcome to connect with Pre-Health Advisors as they prepare for their first semester as a pre-med/pre-health student at Cal.
- Missed our Summer 2018 webinars? View the presentation slides for incoming Freshmen and Transfers, to understand prerequisites, learn about application timelines, and connect to resources.
Ask a Quick Question
- Email Pre-Health Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to receive a weekly email about pre-health opportunities, events, and more, please sign up for the Health and Medicine (Pre-Health) CareerMail through your Handshake profile. It takes under a minute, just a few short steps:
- Sign into Handshake.
- Locate “Career Interests” under your name in the top right corner.
- In response to the fourth question, check the box for "Health and Medicine" in the list of CareerMail categories.
- Click "Save My Career Interests" and you're done!
Workshops & Events
- Access full details on the Handshake Calendar of Events
- Connect with Pre-Health Advising on Facebook
Who can use Career Center services?
Career Center services are available to currently enrolled UC Berkeley students and Career Center Alumni Advantage members.