Connect with Career Center Pre-Health Advising in a variety of ways:
- 30-Minute Advising Appointments
- Drop-in Advising
- New Student Advising (Summer 2018)
- Ask a Quick Question
- Join our Listserv (CareerMail)
- Workshops & Events
- Other Resources
30-Minute Advising Appointments
- Open to currently registered students (sophomores and above) and eligible alumni.
- Receive in-depth assistance from Pre-Health Advisors regarding exploring, preparing for, and/or applying to medical school and other health professional programs.
- Available in person or by phone/video, 12 months out of the year.
- Sign up online only (via Handshake) -- If you do not see an appointment, check back! Additional appointments are released each week.
- Open to currently registered students only (freshmen and above).
- Ask a Pre-Health Advisor quick questions about prerequisites, timeline, experiences, or other topics related to your interest in medical school or other health professional programs.
- Available in person only, at two locations during the fall and spring semeters only (not available during the summer):
- Tuesdays in VLSB: 10am-12pm and 1-3 pm in 3060 Valley Life Sciences Building (IB/MCB Advising Office)
- Thursdays in Mulford: 1-4pm, in 235 Mulford Hall (CNR Student Affairs Office)
New Student Advising
- Incoming freshmen and transfer students are welcome to connect with Pre-Health Advisors as they prepare for their first semester as a pre-med/pre-health student at Cal.
- Missed our Summer 2018 webinars? View the presentation slides for incoming Freshmen and Transfers, to understand prerequisites, learn about application timelines, and connect to resources.
Ask a Quick Question
- Email Pre-Health Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to receive a weekly email about pre-health opportunities, events, and more, please sign up for the Health and Medicine (Pre-Health) CareerMail through your Handshake profile. It takes under a minute, just a few short steps:
- Sign into Handshake.
- Locate “Career Interests” under your name in the top right corner.
- In response to the fourth question, check the box for "Health and Medicine" in the list of CareerMail categories.
- Click "Save My Career Interests" and you're done!
Workshops & Events
- Access full details on the Handshake Calendar of Events
- Connect with Pre-Health Advising on Facebook
Who can use Career Center services?
Career Center services are available to currently enrolled UC Berkeley students and Career Center Alumni Advantage members.