Part-time Employment and Student Jobs
Review the information offered in our Job Search section, where you can learn how to:
- construct your resume and solicit feedback
- prepare for interviews
- understand employer expectations
- negotiate job offers and work schedules
- and much more
Finding part-time job openings
The first place to look for a part-time job is Handshake, the Career Center's exclusive online database of both on and off-campus job listings. You will find a variety of part-time positions located on campus or within an easily commutable distance. The number of part-time openings listed will likely increase as the semester begins. To access current part-time listings in Handshake, login and click on Jobs.
Work Study positions are restricted to students eligible for financial aid who have received a Work Study award. Refer to the Work Study site for information about eligibility, guidelines, program regulations and current job listings.
Other resources for part-time student employment
- Rec Sports Facility
- Cal Dining Service
- Campus Libraries
- The Disabled Students Program on campus has information on working as attendants for students with disabilities. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Paid positions at Residential and Family Living through the Office of Student Development