Career Field - Health & Medicine
- Career Profiles and Guides
- Allied Health
- Alternative Medicine
- Audiology/Speech Pathology
- Genetic Counseling
- Gerontology & Aging
- Health Management, Policy & Consulting
- Human Medicine
- Mental Health
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Occupational Therapy
- Pharmaceutical Sales
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Podiatric Medicine
- Public Health
- Veterinary Medicine
Explore Health Careers - Everything you want to know about a wide variety of health careers.
Occupational Outlook Handbook - A guide to career, labor market, salary and training information for this particular career field.
Vault - Complete and detailed information about careers in this area. Features include downloadable e-guides on careers and industries, "Day in the Life" career profiles, employee reviews of careers and companies, and more. Available through Handshake under "Career Center" - "Resources"
Candid Career - Provides 1000's of informational video interviews with industry professionals covering a comprehensive array of careers.
- Allied Health Careers Overview
- Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics in California
- American Association of Naturopathic Physician Association (AANP)
- Careers in Art Therapy
- Careers in Music Therapy
- Gateway to Chinese Medicine, Health and Wellness
- Massage Therapy
- National Coalition of Creative Arts Therapies Associations (NCCATA)
- California licensure requirements for Speech Pathologists and Audiologists
- Careers in Speech Pathology and Audiology
- Careers in Speech-Language Pathology
- American Chiropractic Association: What is Chiropractic?
- Association of Chiropractic Colleges
- Your Career in Chiropractic (PDF)
- National Human Genome Research Institute
- National Society of Genetic Counselors
- Who are Genetic Counselors?
- Careers in Healthcare Administration and Consulting (PDF)
- Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education
- Health Policy Specialist
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- Career Center's Nursing School section
- Registered Nurses/Nurse Practitioners. Occupational Guides--from the California Occupational Guides
- Nursing Career Information
- About Physical Therapy Careers
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Physical Therapists in California
- American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine (AACPM) Career Zone
- California Occupational Guide: Podiatrists
- Athletic Training career information from the National Athletic Trainers’ Association
- Become a Personal Trainer
- What is TR? (therapeutic recreation)
Participating in these groups can be a valuable avenue for learning about an occupation or field. They are an excellent resource for networking, and their websites often have information about careers.
Cal Student Organizations
- Student Organizations - List of UC Berkeley student organizations registered with Campus Life and Leadership.
Many health Professional organizations are listed in the Career Information & Resources section above, under the specific specialties.
To find other professional associations, go to: