Career Field - Health & Medicine
- Career Profiles and Guides
- Allied Health
- Alternative Medicine
- Audiology/Speech Pathology
- Genetic Counseling
- Gerontology & Aging
- Health Management, Policy & Consulting
- Human Medicine
- Mental Health
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Occupational Therapy
- Pharmaceutical Sales
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Podiatric Medicine
- Public Health
- Veterinary Medicine
Explore Health Careers - Everything you want to know about a wide variety of health careers.
Occupational Outlook Handbook - A guide to career, labor market, salary and training information for this particular career field.
Vault Guides - Insider's information about careers in this area. Features include "Day in the Life" career profiles, employee reviews of careers and companies, and detailed information about key employers in the field. Available through Handshake.
- Allied Health Careers Overview
- Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics in California
- American Association of Naturopathic Physician Association (AANP)
- Careers in Art Therapy
- Careers in Music Therapy
- Gateway to Chinese Medicine, Health and Wellness
- Massage Therapy
- National Coalition of Creative Arts Therapies Associations (NCCATA)
- California licensure requirements for Speech Pathologists and Audiologists
- Careers in Speech Pathology and Audiology
- Careers in Speech-Language Pathology
- American Chiropractic Association: What is Chiropractic?
- Association of Chiropractic Colleges
- Your Career in Chiropractic (PDF)
- National Human Genome Research Institute
- National Society of Genetic Counselors
- Who are Genetic Counselors?
- Careers in Healthcare Administration and Consulting (PDF)
- Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education
- Health Policy Specialist
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- Career Center's Nursing School section
- Registered Nurses/Nurse Practitioners. Occupational Guides--from the California Occupational Guides
- Nursing Career Information
- About Physical Therapy Careers
- CAPTE Accredited Physical Therapist Education Programs in the US
- Physical Therapists in California
- American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine (AACPM) Career Zone
- California Occupational Guide: Podiatrists
- Athletic Training career information from the National Athletic Trainers’ Association
- Become a Dance Movement Therapist, from American Dance Therapy Association
- Become a Personal Trainer
- What is TR? (therapeutic recreation)
Participating in these groups can be a valuable avenue for learning about an occupation or field. They are an excellent resource for networking, and their websites often have information about careers.
Cal Student Organizations
- Student Organizations - List of UC Berkeley student organizations registered with Campus Life and Leadership.
Many health Professional organizations are listed in the Career Information & Resources section above, under the specific specialties.
To find other professional associations, go to: