Graduate School - Timeline
One of the initial steps in applying to a graduate or professional school is to research application deadlines so that you can develop a timeline of when to submit test scores, letters of recommendation, personal essays, etc. Below is a timeline to help you in planning your application process.
- Write the first draft of your statement of purpose
- Request your letters of recommendation from faculty
- Order official transcripts
- Write final draft of your statement of purpose
- Complete and submit your applications
- Apply for the financial aid available through the gradute program: assistantships, fellowships, scholarships, etc.
- Complete and submit federal and state financial aid applications
- Visit prospective campuses if possible and talk to faculty and students to help you make your final decision
- Follow-up with schools to make sure your file is complete
- After receiving acceptance from the school of your choice, send in the required deposit and contact other schools to decline acceptances
- Write thank you notes to people who helped you
<< Back to Grad School Home