Frequently Asked Questions - Payment/Credit

Back to Frequently Asked Questions Home

How do I request a refund of my unused Letter Service balance?

To request a refund of any unused money, login to your Letter Service file and go to your ACCOUNT page. Near the top of this page, choose the link for our Refund Request Form. Complete the Refund Request Form and submit it online.

How do I correct extra charges on my credit card?

If you had been charged multiple times when adding funds to your existing Letter Service account, you will need to provide us with a copy of your bank/credit card statement indicating the extra charges. Best to email a screenshot of these charges to Once we can verify these charges, a credit refund will be processed back to you.

Please remember to include your full name, email address and SID/CCID number with any correspondence.

You can also hand deliver, mail, or fax a copy of your statement to:

Career Center 
2440 Bancroft Way #4350
Berkeley, CA 94720-4350
Fax:(510) 642-4958


How can I make a payment with a foreign credit card?

Our online payment system can only accept credit cards from US and Canadian banks.

If you want to add funds to your existing Letter Service account and living overseas, we suggest that you use a family member or friend's US/Canadian credit card instead to make a payment through your online account.



My credit card payment did not go through. What should I do?

The majority of payment failures occur because the billing address entered did not match the information the bank has on file. You may wish to double-check with your bank .