Career Field - Engineering & Computer Science
- General/Multiple Fields
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering
- Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
- Energy Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Engineering & Operations Research
- Materials Science Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - A guide to career, labor market, salary and training information for careers in engineering and architecture.
- Vault - Complete, detailed information about careers in this area. Features include downloadable e-guides on careers and industries, "Day in the Life" career profiles, employee reviews of careers and companies, and more. Available through Handshake ( go to "Career Center" - "Resources").
- Peterson’s Guide to Graduate Schools - A comprehensive search tool to assist in starting your grad school inquiries.
- Candid Career - Provides 1000's of informational video interviews with industry professionals covering a comprehensive collection of careers.
- Graduating Engineer & Technical Careers Online - Offers news, career profiles, information for minorities and women, graduate school information and organization/association links.
- The Princeton Review – List of Careers - Find general descriptions of a variety of career fields related to the field of engineering.
- Best Engineering Graduate Programs - US News & World Report rankings.
- American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE)
- Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Chemical & Engineering News (C&EN) - Weekly magazine covering science and technology, business and industry, government and policy, education, and employment aspects of the chemistry field.
- American Society of Civil Engineers, Professional Community (ASCE
- Engineering News-Record (ENR) - Conducts surveys annually and ranks industry leaders. Search your list below and then follow-up with further internet research.
- Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers Computer Society (IEEE) - The IEEE Computer Society is the world's leading organization of computer professionals. Many resources and job listings available on this site.
- Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers (IEEE-USA) - Created to support the career and public policy interests of IEEE’s US members.
- Association of Energy Engineers (AEE)
- Energy Career Paths - Read about a variety of energy careers that exist in wind, ethanol, residential energy-efficiency, and commercial energy-efficiency industries.
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE) Comprehensive introduction to careers in Industrial Engineering, including information on what IE’s do and where they work, as well as graduate school information and a section targeted to students.
- American Mathematical Society (AMS)
- American Statistical Association (ASA)
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
- Society of Actuaries (SOA)
Participating in these groups can be a valuable avenue for learning about an occupation or field. They are an excellent resource for networking, and their websites often have information about careers.
Cal Student Organizations
Student organizations related to this field can be found here:
Other Student Organizations - List of UC Berkeley student organizations registered with the LEAD Center.
Professional organizations are listed in the Career Information & Resources section above, under the specific specialties.
To find other professional associations, go to:
Directory of Associations - Database of over 35,000 professional associations.