Volunteer Opportunities for Employers & Alumni
The Career Center at UC Berkeley invites you to participate in our Spring 2022 programs and workshops. These events expose students to different career paths while helping them to prepare for summer internships and career employment. Your expertise and insight will be invaluable in helping students define their career direction, enhance their marketability, and build professional connections with alumni and employers. Involvement in these programs is also a great no-cost way to expand your organization's brand on campus and build awareness about recruitment opportunities.
The programs listed below are categorized by employer relations events and counselor programs. You can select as many programs as you or your company representative(s) would be interested in attending. For questions about Employer Relations events & programs, please contact Adrianne Johnson. For questions about Counseling events & programs, please contact Larry Jackson.
Employer Relations Events & Programs
Career Connections are co-sponsored by the Cal Alumni Association and give students an opportunity to meet alumni and gather insight about different types of roles, companies, or industries. We're seeking a diverse group of Cal alumni and professionals who are interested in sharing their career story and advice!
Spring 2022 Events
- Healthcare | Thursday, January 27, 2022
- Art, Architecture, and Design | Thursday, February 10, 2022
- Tech for Good | Thursday, February 24, 2022
- Sports Industry | Thursday, March 03, 2022
- Biotech | Wednesday March 30th, 2022
- Esports & Gaming Industries | Thursday, April 07, 2022
- Entertainment | Wednesday, April 13, 2022
- Assist Cal students of all class standings with their career development
- Share your expertise and knowledge about your field and the work world
- Build new connections with the Cal campus and reflect upon your time here
- Meet Cal students who might become great interns or employees at your organization
Turn the Tables Fair - February 3rd, 2022 4PM-6PM
Meet with representatives from a wide variety of UC Berkeley student organizations, including our Student Organization Partner Program (SOPP) members. Academic, professional, and cultural student organizations will be in attendance. This is not a recruitment event, but rather a means for employers to network with Berkeley student organizations to discuss engagement and sponsorship opportunities. Sponsored by the Career Center and the Lead Center. Register in Handshake >>
Connect with Student Orgs through SOPP, our Student Org Partner Program!
From over 1,200 student organizations on campus, the Career Center and LEAD Center have selected 40 organizations as partners and collaborators for the 2021 - 2022 academic year. These organizations are interested in connecting with employers and promoting professional development among their members. Learn more >>
Counseling Events & Programs
Alumni Panel: SF City & County Summer Internships - January 25 | 5:30-7pm
- Seeking 3-5 alumni who have participated in the SF City & County Summer Student Intern program to share their experiences in the program and tips for the application process.
CED Design Portfolio Reviews - February 22 | 5:30-7:30pm
- Seeking 10 alumni/employers to review CED students' design portfolios and provide feedback 1:1 or in small groups. This event will be held in-person.
Alumni Career Chat: Construction/Project Management - March 8 | 6-7pm
- Seeking 2-3 CED alumni working in construction or project management roles to share their experiences, insights and advice with students considering this career direction. How can students prepare, what skills are required, and what else should they know?
Alumni Career Chat: Community Development - March 15 | 6-7pm
- Seeking 2-3 CED alumni working in community development roles to share their experiences, insights and advice with students considering this career direction. How can students prepare, what skills are required, and what else should they know?
Alumni Career Chat: Business Development - January 21 | 4-5pm
- Seeking 1-2 alumni who works in business development function ideally within the tech industry to share their current work and career journey with students.
Alumni Career Chat: Operations Research Analyst - February 8 | 5-6pm
- Seeking 1-3 alumni or industry professionals working in Operation Research Analysis to share with Cal students the content and responsibitlies of the role, the path to prepare and compete for this role, as well as the technical and transferrable skills employers are looking for.
Alumni Career Chat: Digital Marketing - February 24 | 12-1pm
- Seeking 1-3 alumni willing to share their work and career path in digital marketing.
Deferred MBA Application Workshop & Alumni Alumni Panel - March 11 | 3:30-5pm
- Seeking 3-5 recent alumni who got into top deferred MBA programs such as Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, MIT Sloan, Columbia, etc. to share their application experience with students.
Building Your Brand Through Speed Mentoring with Haas Alumni & Employers - April 1 | 12:30-2pm
- Seeking 5-10 Haas Alumni or employers targeting Haas students for a 1.5 hour speed mentoring session (i.e. six 15 minute 1:1 sessions) to help students identify and analyze their strengths as a job candidate.
International Students: Getting Ready for Spring Recruiting - January 20 | 5-6:15pm
- Seeking 2-3 alumni who were international student status at Cal for a 45-minute panel discussion to share their experiences in searching and landing internships/job, starting their careers, and adjusting to the U.S. culture or beyond. The primary purpose of this event is to prepare international students to get ready for the Spring recruiting season.
Environment & Sustainability BIPOC Networking Event - April 8 | 1-2:30pm
- Seeking 10-15 employers/alumni who identify as a member of the BIPOC community who work within the environment and sustainability field to talk one-on-one and in small groups with Cal BIPOC students about their career experiences and provide tips and advice on how to navigate the field.
Alumni Career Chat: Media - February 22 | 4-5pm
- Seeking 1-3 alumni willing to share their work and career path in media with students.
Communicating Your Story: Virtual Interview Practice - March 3 | 3-4:30pm
- Seeking 4-6 alumni/employers who can help students practice their top 3 interview questions and provide feedback. This will help students strengthen virtual interviewing skills.
Resumes and Cover Letters: The Recruiter's Perspective - January 26 | 5-6pm
- Seeking 3-4 industry recruiters to discuss their application process, and what they look for in a resume and cover letter.
Prepping for Common Interview Questions and Managing Nerves - February 2 | 4-5pm
- Seeking up to 10 volunteers to help with providing interview feedback to students for common interview questions. Each volunteer will be grouped with 3-5 students to facilitate individual and peer feedback.
Alumni Career Chat: Life Sciences - February 4 | 12-1pm
- Seeking 1-3 alumni working in a life science role in industry willing to share their current work and career journey to date.
What Recruiters Look for on Resumes for Engineering Jobs and Internships - February 8 | 4-5pm
- Seeking 3-4 recruiters for a virtual panel discussion about what is best for students to include in their resumes for various engineering internships and full-time positions. Panelists will be asked to speak to Berkeley coursework they look for, GPA requirements, ideal projects and experiences, and more.
Alumni Career Chat: Energy Consulting - February 22 | 12-1pm
- Seeking 1-3 alumni willing to share their work and career path as an energy analyst or consultant.
Creating and Updating Your Linkedin Profile: Do's and Dont's - February 23 | 5-6pm
- Seeking 1-2 talent acquistion professionals or recruiters to share with students how they use LinkedIn to fill their open positions.
Alumni Career Chat: Aerospace - March 1 | 4:30-5:30pm
- Seeking 1 alumni working in the aerospace industry to share their insight with students aspiring to work in that field.
Alumni Career Chat: Research & Development (R&D) Engineering - March 10 | 5-6pm
- Seeking 1-3 alumni with careers in R&D to share information with students about their career journeys, what it is like to work in their positions, and how their time at Cal helped fuel their success. The majority of this event will involve answering career-related questions from the student attendees.
Alumni Career Chat: Pharmaceuticals - March 15 | 5-6pm
- Seeking 1-3 alumni in the pharmaceutical industry to share their experience working in the field with students.
Alumni Career Chat: Food and Beverage - April 6 | 5-6pm
- Seeking 2-3 alumni using their chemistry degrees in the food and beverage industry to share their experiences with students.