Employer Services - Return to Campus Information
Last Updated: Wednesday, 7/14/2021
This page was created to help employers navigate the UC Berkeley recruiting landscape during the COVID-19 pandemic and transition back to in-person recruiting. Please contact the Employer Relations team for additional questions and support.
Current Campus & Career Center Information:
- UC Berkeley is operating on a mostly-virtual basis through Summer Session 2021. The vast majority of students, faculty, and staff are expected to return to campus for the Fall 2021 semester.
- We recommend employers continue conducting recruiting activities virtually until further notice, but we expect some in-person activities to resume gradually this fall into spring.
- Career Center staff will begin returning to campus in August, but employers should expect our services and events to be primarily offered virtually for Fall 2021. See "2021-22 Employer Services & Programming" tab below for information about specific activities and services
- The latest campus pandemic information can be found at coronavirus.berkeley.edu, and information specific to the "Return to Campus" can be found at https://coronavirus.berkeley.edu/return-to-campus/.
The Career Center is currently operating virtually, with staff beginning to return in-person beginning August 2. The majority of our events and services will remain virtual for Fall 2021. Please note, the information below is subject to change based on campus guidance, public health guidelines, and general availability.
2021-22 Career Center Employer Services:
- Academic & Recruiting Calendar - Fall 2021 available. You may also refer to the campus academic calendars offered by the Registrar.
- Career Fairs & Forums - Fall 2021 Career Fairs will be offered virtually in Handshake, see link to the left for list of fairs. Registration opened June 14. Spring 2022 fairs will be announced by Dec 2021.
- On-Campus Interviewing at the Career Center - For Fall 2021, we are only offering virtual interview scheduling services via Handshake—no in-person interviewing space will be offered at the Career Center. The Fall Interview season will occur from 9/13-11/12. The Spring 2022 season will occur from 1/25-4/28 and we hope to resume on-campus interviewing services at that time.
- Info Sessions and Events - The majority of students are expected to return to campus in Fall 2021 and in-person, public events will be allowed. The Career Center will not be renting our event space to employers this fall, but other venues will be available. Stay abreast of the latest guidance on in-person events at https://coronavirus.berkeley.edu/return-to-campus/events/. We will provide more information as it becomes available. Please continue to advertise all your virtual and in-person career-related events in Handshake.
- Networking Events & Counseling Programs - We will continue to offer these events virtually for the time being. We may begin resuming some smaller events in person later in the fall. Our opportunities to volunteer page will be updated in mid-summer.
- Berkeley Circle Partnership Program - The Berkeley Circle program was adapted to serve our top employers whether in-person or virtual. We are currently enrolling new partners for 2021-22!
If you have additional questions, please contact Employer Relations.
- NACE Covid-19 Resources
- URx Covid-19 Slack Group (and other resources from URx)
- University Recruiting During The Coronavirus (Ripplematch)
- Handshake's Tips for Recruiting Virtually
- Best Practices for Hosting a Virtual Event (Zoom)
- Brainstorm Strategy Group Inc's Recruitment Expert Webinar Series (Spring 2021)