Information Sessions at the Career Center - Overview
Host your information session in the Career Center's Special Events room!
- Reserve the whole room (100 people max, students & reps; 1582 square feet) or half (50 people max, students & reps).
- Room can be set up with or without tables (12 tables for full room; 6 for half).
- Once your event date is confirmed, you'll be contacted by Event Services at the ASUC Student Union ("Event Services") staff who will contact you and help with all arrangements for your event.
- Once confirmed, submit the information via Handshake for review and approval; students will RSVP.
Equipment & Services
- Projector & Screen - ceiling mounted, with remote control
- Sound system with wireless mics
- Tables (rectangular 36"x72"; 6 people) and chairs
- PC computer available / web access
- Catering available through Event Services.
- $800 for whole room; $450 for half room
- Price is for up to 3 hours. Additional fees apply if you want a longer period.
- Berkeley Circle Platinum & Gold Partners get one free event per year.
Instructions / Procedure
NOTE: "Event services" refers to Event Services at the ASUC Student Union.
- Review the list of Available Dates including room size and start time. Identify your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices. Indicate what time you would like your session to begin and end, noting the "Available Start Time" listed. Most info sessions are 1-2 hours long, including time to chat with students after your presentation. IMPORTANT: You'll be able to access the room one half hour before the start time you choose.
- Complete the Date Request Form.
- Confirmation: You'll receive an initial confirmation email when your date is confirmed. Next, within 5 business days, you'll be contacted by Event Services who will help you with all the arrangements for your info session. You'll receive the contract and other pertinent information from them, including the cancellation policy.
- Catering: If you'd like refreshments at your event, you can make arrangements through Event Services. Delivery details are handled by Event Services.
- Payment: If payment is required, you'll receive instructions from Event Services. Payment can be by credit card or check, but must be received before your info session date.
- On the day of your info session, Event Services staff will be on site to make sure all the arrangements are in order, and will remain for the duration of your event.
- Handshake Calendar: After your reservation is confirmed, submit the details via Handshake and we'll approve your event so students can RSVP.
- To discuss any promotional details, contact Employer Relations at (510) 642-0464 or by email.