COVID-19 Resources for Employers
Last Updated: Wednesday, 5/6/2021
This page was created to support employers with recruiting efforts during the COVID-19 pandemic and transition back to in-person recruiting. Please contact the Employer Relations team for additional questions and support.
Current Campus Information:
- The current situation at UC Berkeley resembles that of many other universities across the nation. The Career Center is operating virtually through at least June 30, 2021.
- UC Berkeley is operating on a mostly-virtual basis for Spring 2021 Semester and will be virtual for Summer Session 2021. For the purposes of recruitment, all events and interactions should be conducted virtually until further notice. Read More
- The University of California announced on Jan. 11 that it is planning for a return to primarily in-person instruction systemwide starting fall 2021. Update: The campus announced on March 16 that the default for fall 2021 will be in-person instruction. Read More
- The latest campus information can be found at coronavirus.berkeley.edu.
The Career Center is currently operating virtually, but evaluating and planning for a gradual return to in-person services during the 2021-22 academic year. Please note, the information below is subject to change based on campus guidance, public health guidelines, and general availability.
Fall 2021 Career Center Employer Services:
- Academic & Recruiting Calendar - 2021-22 update forthcoming. For now, you may refer to the campus academic calendars offered by the Registrar.
- Career Fairs & Forums - Fall 2021 Career Fairs will be offered virtually in Handshake, see link to the left for list of fairs. Registration opens mid-June. Spring 2022 fairs will be announced by Dec 2021.
- On-Campus Interviewing at the Career Center - For Fall 2021, we are only offering virtual interview scheduling services—no in-person interviewing space will be offered. Fall Interview season TBA by mid June. Spring 2022 offering TBD.
- Info Sessions and Events - The majority of students are expected to return to campus in Fall 2021. However, campus has not yet released guidelines around non-instructional, in-person events. The Career Center does not currently expect to rent our event space to employers this fall, but other venues may be possible as the public health situation improves. Please continue to advertise all your virtual career related events in Handshake.
- Networking Events & Counseling Programs - We will continue to offer these events virtually for the time being. We may begin resuming some smaller events in person later in the fall. Our opportunities to volunteer page will be updated in mid-summer.
- Berkeley Circle Partnership Program - The Berkeley Circle program was adapted to serve our top employers whether in-person or virtual. We are currently enrolling new partners for 2021-22!
If you have additional questions, please contact Employer Relations.
- NACE Covid-19 Resources
- URx Covid-19 Slack Group (and other resources from URx)
- University Recruiting During The Coronavirus (Ripplematch)
- Handshake's Tips for Recruiting Virtually
- Best Practices for Hosting a Virtual Event (Zoom)
- Brainstorm Strategy Group Inc's Recruitment Expert Webinar Series (Spring 2021)