COVID-19 Resources for Employers
Last Updated: Friday, 7/24/2020
This page was created to support employers with their ongoing recruiting needs, future recruitment planning, and offer internship program advice during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The current situation at UC Berkeley resembles that of many other universities across the nation. The campus—including the Career Center—is physically closed and operating virtually. The Career Center will remain virtual through the remainder of 2020. See below for campus information, which is subject to change.
Fall 2020 Campus Information:
- On June 17, campus administration announced initial plans. Subject to public health guidelines, limited in-person instruction will be conducted for small groups of students this fall. However, the majority of instruction will be either solely or simultaneously conducted remotely. All instruction wil be delivered remotely after Thanksgiving.
- On July 21, campus administration announced updated plans that fall semester will begin with instruction fully remote, but may return to a hybrid model. All in-person events have been canceled through Dec 31st.
- The latest campus information can be found at coronavirus.berkeley.edu.
The Career Center and our services are operating virtually this fall. We plan to offer you the same great service and access to UC Berkeley students via new technology and program offerings. We encourage employers to utilize virtual programming options promoted through Handshake. Students are eager to find opportunities and are ready to engage virtually!
- Academic & Recruiting Calendar - Now updated for Fall 2020!
- Career Fairs & Forums - Fall 2020 Fairs have been announced! All fairs well be held virtually via the Handshake platform. Registrations open August 3 in Handshake.
- On-Campus Interviewing - You may now submit date requests in Handshake for virtual preselect interviewing schedules; the interview season runs from September 14 - November 13
- Info Sessions and Events - Please continue to advertise all your virtual career-related events in Handshake. As of July 22, all department-sponsored in-person events and all non-departmental events on the main campus are now canceled, through Dec. 31, 2020. More information
- Berkeley Circle Partner Program 2020-21 program has officially launched with expanded virtual benefits.