Interviewing & Job Offers
Being prepared for your interview will give you the confidence to succeed in highlighting important qualities and skills needed to illustrate your qualifications. We have multiple resources available to help you prepare for whatever comes your way.
Research in Advance
- Successful Interviewing (PDF - 9 pages) - Preparing for interviews, questions asked by employers, questions to ask employers, etiquette tips for interviews, closing the interview, dressing for interviews, interview advice from employers, types of interviews, etiquette tips for dining, sample thank you letter.
- Salary - arm yourself with data and insights to help you answer the questions "what are your salary requirements?" Our Career Destinations Survey provides average salaries based on data collected by our grads each year. Glassdoor.com crowdsources information about company salaries, reviews and interview questions for thousands of companies. Salary.com allows you to search by career categories and locations, as well as provides a useful cost of living calculator if you're looking for equivalancies out of the area.
Sign up for a Mock Interview (consultants available during first 6 weeks of each semester)
- Schedule Mock Interviews through our appointment system on Handshake. Consultants are hired each semester to help prepare students for the upcoming recruiting cycles.
Advice from the Field
- Quick clip videos from employers and Career Counselors, found on our YouTube channel.
- Check out this video on preparing for a video interview.
- Interview Advice from Employers - a wealth of information from our partners to help you be the best you can be.
- Tips for the Second Interview
- Using Mental Rehearsal to Prepare for Interviews
How exciting that you have an offer! However, your work isn't done yet. It's time to make your decision: accept or respectfull decline. Our Career Counselors are here to help you through every stage of this process. As you begin to evaluate the offer, here are some things to think about:
- Job Offers (PDF - 6 pages)
How to evaluate a job offer, salary negotiations, sample letters for accepting or declining an offer. (From the Career Center Job & Internship Guide)
- Career Center Job Offer Guidelines for Students
- Don't Blow Your Job Search