To clarify your post-graduate direction, there are two essential activities you must undertake. One is to learn about your specific career preferences through self-assessment. Another is to explore careers and evaluate how they meet your career preferences.
We can help you assess your career interests, skills, and other dimensions in one-on-one meetings.
- Know Yourself Exercises - Our tools for identifying your career-related values, interests, and skills and relating them to a career.
- California Career Zone - User-friendly career exploration system designed for students.
- My Next Move - Offers three ways of learning more about yourself and your career interests, along with access to information about 1000's of careers.
- Decision Making - Tools to help you evaluate and make decisions about your options.
Career Center Programs
- O*NET Online and Occupational Outlook Handbook - From the U.S. Dept. of Labor, providing comprehensive information about careers and the labor market.
- CA Occupational Guides - A career directory searchable by interest area, growth rate, and more. Specific to the California labor market.
- Career Fields section of our website provide resources for exploring and developing careers.
- Vault Guides - Insider information, video profiles, and downloadable e-books covering major careers and industries, in Handshake.
<< Back to Career Planning Essentials