Career Field - Nonprofit
- IdealistCareers - A leading industry resource for jobs in nonprofit organizations, incuding a downloadable guide for the entry-level job seeker.
- Vault Guides - Insider's information about careers in this area. Features include "Day in the Life" career profiles, employee reviews of careers and companies, and detailed information about key employers in the field. Available through Handshake.
- InsideJobs - Provides descriptive profiles, insightful videos, and helpful career information for over 15,000 jobs in 10 different career families.
- Common Myths About Working for Nonprofit Organizations - Courtesy of Idealist/Action Without Borders.
- Getting Started - Learn the steps to prepare for a nonprofit career.
- 211 - Directories of social service agencies across the US. Search by zip code, county, or city.
- GuideStar - A database of information on more than 650,000 nonprofit organizations, searchable by keyword.
- Idealist - A project of Action Without Borders; contains over 35,000 nonprofit and community organizations in 165 countries, which you can search or browse by name, location or mission.
- Goldman School of Public Policy Links - Links to employer and career resources websites.
- Service Learning Opportunities on Campus - Integrates community service activities into the academic curriculum. Approximately 40 classes (varies each semester) are available in different departments.
- UC Berkeley Public Service Center - Provides volunteer placement center, Volunteer Experience for Credit/Service Learning and AmeriCorps.
Student & Professional Organizations
Participating in these groups can be a valuable avenue for learning about an occupation or field. They are an excellent resource for networking, and their websites often have information about careers.
Cal Student Organizations: Student organizations related to this field include:
Other Student Organizations - List of UC Berkeley student organizations registered with the LEAD Center.
Professional and Educational Organizations: A few of the major professional organizations include:
- Foundation Center San Francisco
- Young Nonproft Professionals Network (YNPN)
- Society for Nonprofit Organizations
To find other professional associations, go to:
- Directory of Associations - Search a database of over 35,000 professional associations.