Internship Opportunities in Health & Medicine
Sites with Current Listings
Search Handshake, and also try these sites:
- Idealist - Search the database for Health & Medicine Internships, also volunteer opportunities.
- Internships.com - Search by keyword (try "health") and location.
- KaiserEDU.org - Health policy internship listing database.
- Volunteer Center of San Francisco
Below is a sampling of internship programs in health. Most students looking for experience in Health & Medicine find that they have to look not only for internships but also research positions and volunteer opportunities. Register for Health & Medicine CareerMail to get announcements about summer research and health programs throughout the country.
- Barbara Jordan Health Policy Scholars Program
- Health and Medical Apprenticeship Program
- Health Career Connection
- National Institute of Health Research and Training Opportunities
- Stanford Summer Research Program
- Summer Medical and Dental Education Program
- Summer Undergraduate Research Programs
- Undergraduate Research at Berkeley
- UCSF Summer Research Internship Program
- Volunteer Opportunities in Health & Medicine
Develop Your Own Internship
If you have not yet secured an internship through an established program or listing, try consulting websites of organizations that interest you; you may just uncover an internship. If not, you can approach them to Develop Your Own Internship.
Below is a sampling of organizations that are engaged in work relevant to this field.
- Alameda County Medical Center
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center
- California Pacific Medical Center
- Children's Hospital Oakland Research Institute
- UC Berkeley School of Public Health Research Centers and Programs
To identify other organizations to approach, use these resources: