Career Field - Health & Medicine
- Career Profiles and Guides
- Allied Health
- Alternative Medicine
- Audiology/Speech Pathology
- Genetic Counseling
- Gerontology & Aging
- Health Management, Policy & Consulting
- Human Medicine
- Mental Health
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Occupational Therapy
- Pharmaceutical Sales
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Podiatric Medicine
- Public Health
- Veterinary Medicine
Explore Health Careers - Everything you want to know about a wide variety of health careers.
Occupational Outlook Handbook - A guide to career, labor market, salary and training information for this particular career field.
Vault Guides - Insider's information about careers in this area. Features include "Day in the Life" career profiles, employee reviews of careers and companies, and detailed information about key employers in the field. Available through Handshake.
InsideJobs - Provides descriptive profiles, insightful videos, and helpful career information for over 15,000 jobs in 10 different career families.
- California Community College Health Occupations
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics in California
- Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists (PDF)
- American Association of Naturopathic Physician Association (AANP)
- Careers in Art Therapy
- Careers in Music Therapy
- Gateway to Chinese Medicine, Health and Wellness
- Massage Therapy
- National Coalition of Creative Arts Therapies Associations (NCCATA)
- California licensure requirements for Speech Pathologists and Audiologists
- Careers in Speech Pathology and Audiology
- Careers in Speech-Language Pathology
- American Chiropractic Association: What is Chiropractic?
- Association of Chiropractic Colleges
- Your Career in Chiropractic (PDF)
- National Coalition for Health Professional Education in Genetics
- National Society of Genetic Counselors
- Who are Genetic Counselors?
- Association of University Programs in Health Administration
- Careers in Healthcare Administration and Consulting (PDF)
- Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education
- Health Policy Specialist
- Medical and Health Services Managers in California
- Career Center's Medical School section
- Exploring a Medical Career
- Student Doctor Network
- What is Osteopathic Medicine?
- Explore Health Careers: Mental Health
- American Counseling Association
- Careers in Social Work
- Jobs in Social and Welfare Work
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Nursing Association
- Career Center's Nursing School section
- Registered Nurses/Nurse Practitioners. Occupational Guides--from the California Occupational Guides
- Agricultural and Food Scientists
- Dieticians and Nutritionists in California
- How to become an RD - the Nutrition Expert
- Registered Dietician
- About Occupational Therapy by American Occupational Therapy Association
- Occupational Therapists in California
- Is Pharmacy For You?
- Pharmacists - from the California Occupational Guides
- Pharmacy Career Information from the AACP
- About Physical Therapy Careers
- CAPTE Accredited Physical Therapist Education Programs in the US
- Physical Therapists in California
- Becoming a Physician Assistant
- Physician Assistant Education Association
- Physician Assistants in California
- American Association of Colleges of Podiatric Medicine (AACPM) Career Zone
- California Occupational Guide: Podiatrists
- Today's Podiatrist, podiatry career information for students
- An Introduction to Epidemiology
- Application Service for Public Health
- Public Health Online - Degrees & Career Paths
- What is Public Health?
- Athletic Training career information from the National Athletic Trainers’ Association
- Become a Dance Movement Therapist, from American Dance Therapy Association
- Become a Personal Trainer
- What is TR? (therapeutic recreation)
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC)
- Veterinarian: Career Information
- Veterinarians - from the California Occupational Guides
Participating in these groups can be a valuable avenue for learning about an occupation or field. They are an excellent resource for networking, and their websites often have information about careers.
Cal Student Organizations
- Student Organizations - List of UC Berkeley student organizations registered with Campus Life and Leadership.
Many health Professional organizations are listed in the Career Information & Resources section above, under the specific specialties.
To find other professional associations, go to:
- ASAE Gateway to Associations Directory - Search a database of over 6500 links to professional associations.
- Associations of Health Professionals, Schools, and Students
Internship Listing Sites - Websites, programs, and other resources for internships in this career area. For listings specifically for Cal students, visit Handshake - the official Career Center job and internship listing site.
Job Listing Sites - Websites specializing in job listings for this particular career field. For listings specifically for Cal students, visit Handshake- the official Career Center job and internship listing site.